PILKINGTON Choose The Extended Pilkington Energikare™ Range To Save Energy And Your Bank Balance In 2010
Thinking about new windows for the New Year? Want
to warm up your home AND keep costs down?
Install energy efficient glazing from the Pilkington energiKare™ range and you could save a staggering £10,000 in fuel bills* – simply by improving the energy efficiency of your windows.
The newly-extended Pilkington energiKare™ Family now includes three more products - energiKare Plus, Triple and Legacy – which along with the already established Pilkington energiKare™ Classic can help you conserve heat and economise – with the reassurance of the Pilkington brand.
The innovations promise energy-efficient solutions for every home, by using advanced glazing technology, which reduces the amount of heat lost through windows and allows more heat from the sun in, an effect known as solar gain, helping to create a warmer environment. This offsets the normal central heating used to heat the home.
So whether your house is big, small, new or old, global glazing specialist Pilkington can make sure it offers an even warmer welcome this year.
To celebrate the recently extended Pilkington energiKare™ range, Pilkington have compiled some energy-saving tips to help you on your way to a greener, leaner home.
· The 19ºC rule: If you burn your hand when touching a radiator, take a look at your thermostat and try and keep it at 19ºC. Remember every time you increase the temperature by just one degree, your heating bill will rise by 8%.
· Maximise heat: Make the most of the free energy from the sun flooding through your windows by installing energy efficient glazing, which allows more heat from the sun in, and reduces the amount of heat loss. New windows and doors should comply with the Window Energy Ratings and Pilkington energiKare™ glass reduces 90% of energy lost through windows, saving up to 20% on heating bills, compared to single glazing.
· Look to the sun: Install solar panels to provide hot water throughout the summer. You can even put photo voltaic panels on your shed roof, generating enough electricity to power shed and garden lights.
· Mind the gap: Cut draughts by filling gaps between floorboards and skirting boards with decorator’s caulk.
· Buy a jacket: Insulate your hot water tank with a jacket at least 75mm (3") thick and you could save around £35 a year. If everyone in the UK did this, there would be enough carbon dioxide saved per year to fill 7 million double-decker buses!
· Insulate your loft: Simple and easy to install – by insulating your empty loft you could save £150 a year.
The Pilkington energiKare™ range in full:
Pilkington energiKare™ Classic - The original Pilkington energiKare™ unit is capable of achieving a minimum C Window Energy Rating in most framing systems. By using Pilkington K Glass™ and Pilkington Optiwhite™ in an Insulating Glass Unit with either an argon gas filling or a warm edge spacer bar. It provides a cost effective solution that meets all current building regulations and expected minimum compliance for 2010.
Pilkington energiKare™ Plus - exceeds current and future government regulations providing the optimum thermal insulation option. It can also achieve a Window energy rating of A or B depending on the framing system.
Pilkington energiKare™ Triple - the choice for the best possible window energy rating performance and highest levels of energy efficiency in low/zero carbon new homes. These high performance triple-glazed units optimise the balance between U-values and g-values to maximise energy efficiency.
Pilkington energiKare™ Legacy - uses advanced Pilkington Spacia™ technology, the world’s first commercially available vacuum glazing. It allows the manufacture of extremely thin glazing which can be fitted in old style fine frames, maintaining the original appearance of older traditional buildings.